How to Buy a Kindle World Book When You're Outside the U.S.
UPDATE: The Kindle Worlds program has gone away for good, so these instructions will soon be going away, too.
I have a book in the S.E. Smith's Magic, New Mexico project. It's called IN GRAVES BELOW, and its pretty cover is over there to the right. If you like fun paranormal romances about magical people fighting off invading demons, give it a try.
For reasons known only to the powers that be in Amazon, they only allow U.S. customers to buy Kindle Worlds books. However, there's a way around it: Temporarily become a U.S. customer.
1. Login to your Amazon account. In the top right menu, select Your Account.
2. Scroll down to the Settings group, then click “Manage Address Book.”
3. Click “Add Address,” then enter a new valid address in the U.S. This can be anyone's address — Amazon checks the validity of the address, but, and here's the important part, not that it's your address. So, look for any public business with a complete address, e.g., a hotel, a restaurant, etc. For example, here's the address of a hotel in Fort Collins, CO where I live:
350 E Horsetooth Rd
Fort Collins, CO 80525
Phone: (970) 226-5200
4. Scroll to the bottom and click the orange Add Address button.
5. Back on the list of addresses on the Manage Addresses page, find the new address you added and click the “Set as Default” option.
6. Navigate to the Kindle Worlds books you want to buy, and click the nice, orange “Buy Now” button.
7. When you're done buying books, go back to your address book and set your regular home address as the default.
Enjoy your new books!